District 53 Residents
It is my honor to serve as the State Representative for District 53. From Adamsville to Collier Heights, Smyrna to Vinings and Buckhead, we are a vibrant, civic-oriented community dedicated to improving the lives of all of our citizens.
I have secured funding for critical projects in our district: the Harriett G. Darnell Multipurpose Senior Facility (Fulton County), and the Vinings Historic Preservation Society (Cobb County).
Health & HumanServices
Currently serve as:
Vice-Chair of the Atlanta Delegation
Democratic ranking member, Appropriations - Higher Education
Secretary of the Georgia Legislative Black Caucus (GLBC)
Parliamentarian of the Georgia Legislative Black Caucus (GLBC)
Secretary for the Working Families Caucus AFL-CIO at the Capitol
As your Representative, I have supported (and will continue to support) legislation:
- helping victims of kidnapping and human trafficking
- creating jobs in Georgia
- making Georgia more competitive globally
- providing relief to homeowners facing rising property taxes
- strengthening our foster care system
- ensuring our children are not criminalized by making youthful mistakes
- making our streets safer for children riding on our school buses
- supporting children with Autism
- supporting breastfeeding (Licensure for IBCLCs in Ga)
It is such an honor to stand for all the citizens of District 53 as I represent our state of Georgia. I thank you for your trust in me.