District 53 Residents
As your Representative, I have supported (and will continue to support) legislation:
- helping victims of kidnapping and human trafficking
- creating jobs in Georgia
- making Georgia more competitive globally
- providing relief to homeowners facing rising property taxes
- strengthening our foster care system
- ensuring our children are not criminalized by making youthful mistakes
- making our streets safer for children riding on our school buses
- supporting children with Autism
- supporting breastfeeding (Licensure for IBCLCs in Ga)
It is my honor to serve as the State Representative for District 53. From Adamsville to Collier Heights, Smyrna to Vinings and Buckhead, we are a vibrant, civic-oriented community dedicated to improving the lives of all of our citizens.
I have secured funding for critical projects in our district: the Harriett G. Darnell Multipurpose Senior Facility (Fulton County), and the Vinings Historic Preservation Society (Cobb County).
Health & HumanServices
Currently serve as:
Democratic ranking member, Appropriations - Higher Education
Treasurer - GLBC (Georgia Legislative Black Caucus)
Secretary of the Georgia Legislative Black Caucus (GLBC)
Parliamentarian of the Georgia Legislative Black Caucus (GLBC)
Secretary for the Working Families Caucus AFL-CIO at the Capitol
It is such an honor to stand for all the citizens of District 53 as I represent our state of Georgia. I thank you for your trust in me.