District 53 Residents
It is my honor to serve as the State Representative for District 53. From Adamsville to Collier Heights, Smyrna to Vinings and Buckhead, we are a vibrant, civic-oriented community dedicated to improving the lives of all of our citizens.
I have secured funding for critical projects in our district: the Harriett G. Darnell Multipurpose Senior Facility (Fulton County), and the Vinings Historic Preservation Society (Cobb County).
My Committee assignments are: Appropriations, Health & Human Services, Juvenile Justice, and Transportation. I serve as Vice-Chair of the Atlanta Delegation, and the Democratic ranking member for the Appropriations - Higher Education Sub-committee. I have served as Secretary and Parliamentarian of the Georgia Legislative Black Caucus (GLBC) and Secretary for the Working Families Caucus AFL-CIO at the Capitol.
As your Representative, I have supported legislation:
- helping victims of kidnapping and human trafficking
- creating jobs in Georgia
- making Georgia more competitive globally
- providing relief to homeowners facing rising property taxes
- strengthening our foster care system
- ensuring our children are not criminalized by making youthful mistakes
- making our streets safer for children riding on our school buses
- supporting children with Autism
- supporting breastfeeding (Licensure for IBCLCs in Ga)
I am honored to stand for all the citizens of District 53, and I thank you for your trust in me.